Plettenberg Bay - BAY FOR ALL SEASONS
The great forests lying at the feet of the fabled Outeniqua and Tsitsikamma mountains are the gateways to the incredible indigenous African wealth of Plettenberg Bay.
Originally and rightly christened "Bahia Formosa" (beautiful bay) by early Portuguese explorers, it is home to the rare Knysna forest elephant, teaming wildlife, vast expanses of Cape flora,delicate ecosystems in wetlands and lagoons, gigantic trees, and a bay large enough for the great whales of the Southern Ocean to calve in and protect their young.
Plettenberg Bay is famous as one of the most beautiful resort areas in South Africa,enjoying one of the world's mildest and most temperate climates in winter and summer, with over 300 sunshine days a year. It also boasts warm sea temperatures and less wind than many other coastal resorts in South Africa.
Flanked on three sides by the magnificent Tsitsikamma mountains and the Indian Ocean to the East, Plettenberg Bay is surrounded by lush indigenous forests. The peninsula of Robberg extends some 4 km eastwards into the sea and acts as our natural barrier against the prevailing winds. Just a few kilometres away the rainfall doubles, providing perfect conditions for the wide variety of indigenous flora and fauna found there.
More than a village and less than a town, Plettenberg Bay is accessible by first class national roads, by sea or by scheduled air flights (Plettenberg Bay has the only airport within a 100km radius). It also boasts:
- Sweeping, unspoiled golden beaches
- Dramatic rocky peninsula
- Intriguing lagoons and estuaries
- Towering indigenous forestry
- Unpolluted rivers and sea
- Beautiful view sites over the Indian Ocean
- Exceptional climate all year round
Scenic Drives & Day Trips:
- Kranshoek picnic site, overlooking cliffs and sea
- Pheasant Hoek, outstanding views along circular drive
- Garden of Eden, picnic site and Big Tree
- Brackenhill Falls, series of cascades down a deep ravine
- Knoetzie beach and river, Knoetzie castles and river estuary
- Knysna, scenic coastal town 35 kms from Plett
- Keurbooms River and Beach, picnic spot next to river, restaurant
- Prince Alfred Pass, stunning mountain views along historic pass
- The Crags and Forest Hall, tea and historical tour of mansion
- Grootriver Pass to Nature's Valley, picnics, viewspots and beach
- Bloukrans Pass, unique pass amid indigenous forests
- Storms River Mouth, exquisitely scenic river mouth in Tsitsikamma
- Plettenberg Bay Arts and Crafts Route
- Harkerville to Nature's Valley
- Bloukrans to Storms River (Tsitsikamma National Park)
- Kranshoek Coastal Walk
- Robberg Nature Reserve
- Milkwood Scenic Trail
- Wittedrift Nature Trail
- Nature's Valley Network
- Stinkhoutkloof Trail
- Storms River Mouth Trails
The Farm is approx 3 km off the N2,right opposite an established polo estate.
Lovely mountain views ...
Reduced to R6,3m
A Country Guest farm with Self catering and B & B options situated on the Bos River, between Ple ...
R 2.5 MILLION
Known as The Bright House, situated on the R 102 to Natures Valley, about 15 minutes from Plettenber ...
2 500 000
Neat as a pin, stunning views and a lovely garden
3 bedrooms all en-suite. ...